Based in San Francisco Bay Area
9 March, 2018
Fight demons, creatures, and criminals while exploring vivid and surreal dream worlds. Discover the dark past of anti-hero John Lazarus in this first episode of a multi-part VR horror action-adventure.
One year of development. Sold over 100 copies! Future episodes resigned to be the back-burner, cash-burning passion project.
- Fight demonic creatures, hide from sharks, and shoot bad guys.
- Experience an original adventure built for room scale virtual reality from the ground up.
- Traverse through vivid and surreal environments by using either arm swinger or smooth motion locomotion methods.
- After experiencing the main storyline, run and gun through the maps as a timed obstacle course in arcade mode.
- This is the first episode of a multi-episodic storyline.
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "One of the most crazy, most creepy, most satisfying games I've ever played!"
- SweViver, YouTube
- "Recommended! Great virtual reality dream worlds adventure..."
- LifeIsReallyStrange, Steam Curator
- "Recommended! I'm curious as to what will be on offer in EP2."
- Paradise Decay Game Reviews, Steam Curator
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
RainSoft is a San Francisco Bay Area based indie game studio run by Jim Brodbeck. Founded in 2016, RainSoft has been making virtual reality video games since the first commercial release of the Oculus Rift.
More information on RainSoft, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dead Man's Origin - John Lazarus Episode 1 Credits